May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Perfect Holiday

I had a perfect Fourth of July.  I stayed home in the air conditioning all day.  Jim had to work half the day, so I spent the morning doing laundry in between cleaning house and surfing the web.  For lunch I grilled corn on the cob and gourmet hotdogs on the stove top grill.  For dinner I made a mixed greens salad and cheeseburgers sans the bun.

We also started watching the first season of Homeland, using our cable's OnDemand feature.  I foolishly had never taken the time before to fully investigate all of our cable channels.  But I got curious enough about Homeland to do a search and uncovered hundreds of new channels included with our monthly subscription.

I've been curious about Homeland ever since it won the Golden Globe for Best Television Series - Drama.  There's only been one season of 12 episodes so far, but it was renewed for a second season that premieres September 30.  As Jim said, the main story line could get frustratingly old after awhile.  But, until it does, it's worth watching for it's unique plot and good acting.

A comfortable home with good air conditioning, premium cable, and a loving companion, what more does anyone need for the perfect Fourth of July.


No comments: