May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Christmas in July

I do a lot of online shopping, so I'm on a lot of lists.  The last couple of days my email account has been filling up with "Christmas in July" promos.  I'm so not in the mood this year for two Christmases.  In the past, I tolerated the mid-year "Christmas" and even took advantage of some of the offers.  After all, I'm all for finishing my holiday shopping early. In fact, I'm a third of the way done already.  But, this year, I just don't want to see winter holiday decorations in July.

Part of the reason is the severe heat here in Missouri.  Temperatures have been in the 90s and 100s for weeks with no end in sight.  It's awful.  But the main reason is the stressful year we're having.  We've been hit with one personal and business challenge after another since the year began.  The latest was yesterday when the new technician was rear-ended and pushed into a fire hydrant in our week-old truck.

Nope, I'm not feeling jolly in July this year.


No comments: