May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sleep Patterns

Time flies when you're having fun.  I've been enjoying summer so much I forgot to blog the last two days.  I've been cleaning out closets, reading, watching videos, walking, and crafting.  I just love tackling one or two projects a day in between dealing with necessary chores.  Best of all, if something doesn't get done one day, it's great knowing there's a lot more summer left to deal with it later.

With my current carefree schedule, however, I'm finding myself reverting to my old pattern of staying up late and sleeping in.  But I'm striving to be up by 8:00 A.M., so I don't get too out of sync with the school year schedule.  Today, however, I needed to be up earlier to visit mom at the home with dad.  It was a real struggle and I ended up arriving closer to 8:30 A.M. than 8:00 A.M., which is mid-day for dad.

I've heard seniors tend to go to bed early and rise before dawn, but dad's schedule is ridiculous.  He typically goes to bed before 8:00 P.M., and is up by 4:00 A.M.  It shouldn't matter what his sleep pattern is, but his schedule doesn't come close to meshing with the rest of the family's.  Dad's 1:00 P.M. is our 5:00 P.M., which means he's winding down right after lunch.  So, if the family has a late afternoon or evening event, such as a birthday party or wedding, it's a struggle for dad to attend.

But the most annoying thing about dad's sleep pattern is hearing him complain that he "just can't sleep past 4:00 A.M."  Really?  You mean eight hours of sleep isn't enough? Honestly, I find it easier to deal with a two year old than a senior citizen.

But, this afternoon, I don't need to do either and it's now time for my nap.  Did I say I'm loving summer?



No comments: