May 2018

May 2018

Friday, June 8, 2012

Destin, Florida

I spent hours today researching condos in Destin, Florida.  The flights to Sanibel, where we usually vacation late July, are not budging.  And, this year, my daughter's family needs four tickets since Jonah is now two.

So I'm thinking we need to find somewhere closer.  Somewhere we can get to in one day by car.  I've heard a lot of good things about Destin.  How the beaches are fantastic and the Gulf of Mexico is several shades of blue, which it's not in Sanibel.

But, even if I'm able to find an acceptable condo, we'll still need to convince Elliott.  He loves Sanibel and has been looking forward to returning all year.  I'm going to have to do a lot more research to find Destin attractions and activities that come close to those in Sanibel before Elliott's convinced!



No comments: