May 2018

May 2018

Friday, May 11, 2012

Tinnitus

It would seem I've now got tinnitus as a result of grinding my teeth.  So far, this is a self-diagnosis. But after doing online research and realizing the buzzing in my ear started shortly after my teeth and jaw started hurting, it all makes sense.

My annual physical and six-month dental exam are in June.  My plan is to discuss the problem with both doctors.  In the meantime, I've ordered an over-the-counter grind guard.  It was interesting to read how many people found the $20 OTC guards just as helpful as the $500 custom ones.  I figured $20 was a small investment to find out for myself.

I'm also going to start cleaning my ears with a water and hydrogen peroxide mixture at least once a week.  I usually need a nurse to clean wax out of my ears every 18 months.  The last time I had it done, she recommended I regularly clean my ears with the water and hydrogen peroxide mixture.  It can't hurt to start following that recommendation.  And, again, it's a small investment.

Mostly, I'm trying to stay positive and not let the ear buzzing drive me crazy.  But, honestly, it's nearly brought me to tears several times already.  For someone who loves silence, tinnitus is a nightmare.




No comments: