May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Enjoying Home

Since the school year ended, I've been grabbing opportunities to relax, recharge, and enjoy my home. On days that aren't too hot, I've been spending an hour or two reading in our three-season room.  I've even managed a couple of 20-minute naps out there.  For someone who's rarely able to sleep during the day, that's a big deal.

This afternoon, I finished my first summer read, French Lessons by Ellen Sussman.  It's about one day in the lives of three French tutors in Paris.  There's a lot of moving through the streets of the city, which was fun for me.  I've only been to Paris once, and for just six days, but I found it easy to visualize exactly where the characters were, and what they were seeing.

I've now read two books in a row set in Paris.  The first was The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.  It's time to decide if I'll stay in Paris or travel to another part of the world. Wherever I go, I'll be there while enjoying the comforts of home.


No comments: