May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Light at the End of the Tunnel

I'm in a terrible mood.  We owe taxes, the car needs two new tires and state inspections, the new office co-manager isn't working out, Medicaid has mom's finances messed up, and I need a hair cut. Errrrrr!

I was hoping to hand over the Medicaid mess to the social worker at the nursing home today, but ended up having to stay home with both grandsons.  Elliott is running a fever and probably has a virus.  Thank goodness his dad picked him up mid-morning after his meeting, because Jonah desperately needed to get out of the house.  We drove through the bank and got the car washed, his favorite activity.  It was then time for lunch and a nap, my favorite activity.

Unfortunately, I felt the need to cancel my hair appointment for tomorrow because my stylist keeps cutting my hair too short.  So now I have another week of dealing with hard-to-manage hair.  I should probably find another stylist, but I've been with the same woman for over 20 years.  If I stick with her, we definitely need to come to an understanding about not cutting my hair too short.

One way or another, I need to snap out of this fowl mood.  Another spring break might do the trick, but that's not going to happen.  I guess I'll focus on the school year ending in seven weeks at which time our finances should look better and I'll have some free time.  Ahhh, the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: