May 2018

May 2018

Monday, March 12, 2012

Upcoming Spring Break

This Friday is the start of Spring Break.  That means a week and a day of not watching my grandsons, and an opportunity to get a lot done.  Unlike last year, however, I'm not feeling the pressure to tackle a number of chores.  I think it's a combination of the house finally getting to a point where less needs to be done, and a new attitude of not taking on more than I can easily handle.

Hopefully the painters will be able to paint the finished area of the basement over Spring Break.  It all depends on their schedule.  But I'm not at all anxious about it.  If it doesn't happen next week, there's always the summer.

Besides getting the basement painted, I plan to decorate the house for Easter, which will only take a couple of hours. I also need to gather information for the accountant to do our personal taxes, which also will only take an hour or two.

That leaves a lot of time for exercising, crafting, cooking, and just relaxing.  Sounds like the perfect break.


March 1-11 - No "junk" food.
40-minute walk.

No comments: