May 2018

May 2018

Monday, February 13, 2012

High Tech Wiz

Anyone younger will not appreciate what I'm about to share.  But I know most people my age and older will understand why I'm feeling very proud of my 60-year-old self.

First, over the weekend, I used my holiday gift certificate from my son and daughter-in-law to purchase an iPod Nano.  Granted, making the purchase was not terribly remarkable, although I do know people my age who have no idea what a Nano is.  No, the astounding thing was I loaded it with my music and photos with no help from anyone, and even set up my "watch" face to always appear first thing.  Awesome!

Then, yesterday, I set up our new flat screen television in the exercise room.  There's no cable access in that room, so I connected it to the Roku box I bought online for $59.  While my husband watched the set-up process completely perplexed, in less than 10 minutes I was streaming a movie from Netflix.  Yes!

And, in addition to all the above, for the last couple of weeks I've been loading apps on my iPhone for our New York City trip.  I'm now armed with digital road and subway maps as well as walking tours.  My favorite, so far, is the American Museum of Natural History app.  After entering the museum, we just pick a tour, such as Dinosaurs or Night at the Museum, and the app will lead us to each exhibit.  Go green!

But, despite these recent accomplishments, I know there's a lot I don't understand about today's technology.  Nevertheless, within my circle of friends, I'm a high tech wiz!

No comments: