May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Good News!

An x-ray today revealed nothing wrong with my crown or root.  There still might be a cracked tooth under the crown, but, for now, we're assuming the discomfort is from grinding my teeth.  That coupled with the fact that part of the crown was sitting too high would definitely cause pain.  The dentist shaved the crown and it immediately felt better.

The hygienist also gave me good news.  For years I've been getting my teeth cleaned every four months, because I used to get terrible plaque and tartar build up no matter how many times a day I brushed and flossed.  In October, the hygienist recommended I use an electric toothbrush and it's made a huge difference.  She said things had improved so much I now can try getting cleanings just twice a year.  Since insurance only pays for two cleanings a year, it appears the electric toothbrush was a good investment.  But even if I end up going back to three cleanings a year, based on today, at least they won't be as torturous as they were in the past.

It sure is nice to get good news for a change.  Maybe I'm on a streak and tomorrow will be a Snow Day!

No comments: