May 2018

May 2018

Monday, June 20, 2011

Taking Care of My Health

Today I had my first visit with a new dentist.  My old dentist closed his West County office earlier this year, but I didn't learn about it until the reminder call for my March cleaning. That's when I was told Dr. Lowe now only has a St. Charles office.  I'm still amazed he never sent a letter or postcard about the closing, and assumed I would travel to St. Charles just to see a dentist.

I selected Dr. Stadnyk based on Emily's recommendation.  His office is clean, efficiently run, and two minutes from my house.  However, I wish someone would have warned me that a first visit is an hour and a half!  There was a consultation and thorough exam followed by a cleaning and oral cancer screening.

For me, the worse part of practicing good health is the time it takes to see all the doctors. In the last couple of weeks, I've seen the optometrist and dentist, and visited the lab for annual blood work.  Next I have my yearly physical on Wednesday and will get my eyes dilated in two weeks.  But, after that, I should be good until my next teeth cleaning in October.

Despite all the time well-visits take, however, I'm extremely grateful for my good health. And I plan to do all I can to keep it that way for as long as possible.

No comments: