May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Where's The Red (White and Blue)?

It's nearly impossible to find a red top this season.  I've been on the hunt all spring.  Red's not my color of choice for clothing, but I want to wear something red to the ball game tomorrow.  Of course, I could get a St. Louis Cardinals shirt, but I would prefer to spend money on something I might wear again.  I never wear crew neck t-shirts anymore, especially ones with huge advertising on the front.

Yesterday I went to Kohl's, continuing my hunt.  Again, my options were extremely limited. There were maybe three red women's tops in the entire store.  Isn't summer the season of the red, white, and blue holidays?  I finally settled for a sleeveless top because the others looked too matronly.

But now I have to "shop my closet" for a light-weight jacket or cardigan.  The Champions Club is air conditioned and I'm betting they keep it extremely cold for all the beer drinkers. But I'm not complaining.  The high temperature for Memorial Day is predicted to be in the 90s.  So instead of our reserved outdoor seats, we will definitely be taking full advantage of seating available in the A/C.

No comments: