May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Who Should Shovel The Snow?

We woke to approximately four more inches of snow.  So, instead of running Saturday errands on my own, I waited for Jim.  After finishing work around 2:00 P.M., he cleared the driveway and cleaned off the car.  We then ran errands together and went out to dinner.

For all of our married life, there's never been a question of who would shovel snow. I now realize I've taken that for granted.  After talking to several wives, I've learned that many cannot rely on their husbands to get the job done.  It's crazy to me!

Even if Jim were physically incapable of shoveling snow, he would still take on the responsibility of hiring someone.  I believe a marriage can only last with a lot of give and take.  That includes a fairly equal sharing of chores.  And, as sexist as it sounds, snow removal is best done by the stronger mate.


(Day 12 of 30-Day Shred:  Definitely building endurance.)

No comments: