May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wedding Mysteries

Apparently I have two first cousins once removed getting married this spring.  I've come to this conclusion based on clues.

The first was an invitation to my cousin Gayle's daughter's bridal shower.  It was the first I'd heard about her getting married.  Maybe we won't be invited to the wedding. Is it weird to be included in the shower but not in the wedding?

The second was my dad assuming we got a Save The Date card for my cousin Tony's son's wedding.  I had no idea he was getting married either.

I have no problem not going to these weddings.  When Emily got married, we did not include any of my or Jim's cousins.  Extending the guest list that far was not in the budget.

All of this wedding talk has made me grateful.  I'm glad we're through college tuitions, weddings, and mortgages.  Now we can focus fully on the pipe dream called retirement.


(Day 24 of 30-Day Shred:  Warm enough to open the patio door for a fresh-air workout.)

No comments: