May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Signs of Spring

As I gathered some fallen branches today, I got a nice surprise.  My daffodils are peeking out!

Nearly 25 years ago, I planted several bulbs in our front yard.  Now every spring, we have a nice crop of yellow daffodils.  They're the only flower I have that I can cut for large indoor arrangements and still have a nice outside show.

Of course, if daffodils bud too soon in Missouri, there's always a concern they might freeze and never bloom.  And several times I've had to cut all of my daffodils in full bloom, saving them from an early demise due to frost.

As always, I'm hoping for the best this year.   And I know the full show is many weeks away.  Nevertheless, just the thought of all those beautiful yellow blooms is warming my soul.


(Day 26 of 30-Day Shred:  Just four more days and jumping jacks are still tough!)

No comments: