May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cock-A-Doodle-Doo!

One of Elliott's toddler toys was the Little People Fischer-Price Barn, which he never really played with.  Now it's Jonah's and he plays with it every day.

Jonah's favorite part is the cock-a-doodle-doo sound it makes when you slide the rooster.  Several weeks ago he began trying to mimic the sound.  At first I thought he was whining, which is unusual for him. But as soon as I slid the rooster, he smiled ear to ear.

So, in my book, cock-a-doodle-doo was Jonah's first word.  To commemorate the milestone, I decided he should get a stuffed rooster for his first birthday.  I googled stuffed rooster and voila! There's now a Gund Plush Rooster that cock-a-doodle-doos on its way to grandma's house.  Again, the internet is awesome!


(Day 17 of 30-Day Shred:  Apparently I wasn't doing squats properly most of my life.  Now that I've corrected my execution, there's no more knee pain but a soreness in the lower part of my tush.  A tighter tush?  I'll take it!)

No comments: