May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fun for Some

The Rockwood School District calendar allows for five snow days, which means there are still three available for this year.  Hopefully we'll use one tomorrow.  Nevertheless, before winter's over -- I want all five!

I'm already planning my possible day off.  I want to spend the entire day paper crafting. The timing couldn't be better.  One of the home-shopping channels is holding a craft day tomorrow.  I seldom buy anything, but I like to watch the demos for inspiration.  It would be a perfect day, but not for everyone.

I just learned that dad's cardiologist said he can no longer shovel snow.  (Isn't that a big "duh" for any 80-year-old even if they haven't had heart surgery?)  So he's already fretting over possibly being snowed in, even though he doesn't *have* to go anywhere.  I told him it's not Minnesota.  If it snows, my husband or brother will bail him out within 48 hours.  It didn't help.  Dad just hates the idea of being stuck at home even if it's for only one day.

In recent years I've discovered many similarities between me and my dad.  We both like organization and hate clutter.  We also do not procrastinate.  However, we have one big difference.  I love being home.  Dad hates it.

No comments: