May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day One of 30-Day Shred

I've been lured into doing Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred.  It started with one message board which led to another.  On both boards there are 1000s of reviews exclaiming the benefits of this program.  I'm not necessarily a Jillian Michael's fan, but I am ready for something new and simple with a good success rate.

I also need a fitness plan that will work with my already tight schedule and can be done at home.  The 30-Day Shred is a 28-minute workout that includes cardio and working all muscle groups.  All that's needed is a DVD player, mat, and hand weights. 

I have everything necessary, but quickly realized I need three-pound weights.  My five-pound weights work fine when I do arm movements alone.  But Jillian works legs and arms simultaneously and five pounds are too hard on my knees right now.  Best of all, there is only one step I need to slightly modify due to the frozen joint in my right big toe.

This morning was day one.  It was tough (hate jumping jacks!) but I'm proud I got through it. Jillian promises a 20 pound weight loss in 30 days.  I only want to lose 5-8 pounds.  But mainly I want to get in better shape so I can keep up with Elliott and Jonah.

No comments: