May 2018

May 2018

Monday, December 13, 2010

No Snow Day

When I woke up at 6:30 A.M. the temperature was 3 degrees with a wind chill of -12. School isn’t cancelled unless the wind chill is -15. Drat!

So Jonah arrived around 7:45 A.M. and my work week began. Fortunately he did take good naps, which allowed me to get some things done. Although he’s nine months old today, Jonah is still taking three naps. He’s so active when he’s awake that he needs a lot of sleep. Since we rarely go out, I can easily accommodate three naps. But it’s tough for Emily and Mike on weekends when they’re trying to get chores done or go on family outings. Jonah rarely sleeps when he’s not in his crib.

This morning I got most of my Christmas gifts wrapped. The trick now is hiding them from Elliott who has access to every room in our house. I’m hoping I have them well hidden in the basement storage room.

I was also able to work out. That’s two sessions in two days. Yahoo! I exercised regularly before Jonah’s arrival. Then things got crazy helping Emily with two kids, going through a complete master bath remodel, taking two vacations, and hosting Daniel for a week. Now it’s time to get back on track (no pun intended), especially with all the good food I plan to make and eat in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: