May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Dining Room

Although we only use our dining room for holidays and special occasions, I'm so glad we have it. I enjoy setting a nice table, which usually includes favors and creatively folded napkins. It's a ritual that sets the tone for whatever event is happening.

The "special room," as Elliott calls it, will be busy next week. On Monday we're hosting the annual staff lunch. Then on Christmas Eve we're serving lunch and dinner.

So today the dining room got a thorough cleaning. Plus I began setting the table for Monday's lunch. I know it's a bit early, but I'm working around a nine-month-old's unpredictable schedule.

In addition to prepping the dining room, I did some bookkeeping and worked out. I was able to get so much done because Jonah took 5.5 hours worth of naps! I think a major growth spurt is in his near future.

No comments: